- 2017 – 2018 Group Leader, Program on Data-Centric Engineering, The Alan Turing Institute, UK.
- 2017 – Senior Lecturer, School of Mathematics and Statistics, Newcastle University, UK.
- 2015 – 2017 Research Fellow, ARC Centre of Excellence for Mathematical & Statistical Frontiers (ACEMS), University of Technology Sydney, Australia.
- 2013 – 2015 Research Fellow, Centre for Research in Statistical Methodology (CRiSM), University of Warwick, UK.
- 2011 – 2012 PhD (visiting), Mukherjee Lab, Dept. Biochemistry, Nederlands Kanker Instituut, Amsterdam, NL.
- 2010 – 2013 PhD, Centre for Complexity Science, University of Warwick, UK.
- 2009 – 2010 MSc, Complexity Science, University of Warwick, UK. [Distinction]
- 2006 – 2009 BA, Mathematics, University of Cambridge, UK. [Robinson College; Class I]
Awards and Prizes
- 2017 Funding for Meeting on Probabilistic Numerics. (10,000 USD from SAMSI, 3,000 GBP from Turing)
- 2017 Funding for Workshop on Data Sciences for Climate and Environment (4,500 USD from SAMSI, 3,000 GBP from Turing)
- 2017 Biennial Research Prize of the Royal Statistical Society. [RSS] [ACEMS]
- 2016 Best Student Paper, ASA Section on Bayesian Statistical Science, JSM 2016. [JSM]
- 2015 VicBiostat Visiting Fellowship. (2,000 AUD)
- 2015 ARC Research Fellowship, University of Technology Sydney.
- 2014 Best Paper, European Conference on Computational Biology (ECCB) 2014. [ECCB] (750 EU)
- 2013 CRiSM Research Fellowship, University of Warwick.
- 2012 Best Presentation, Amsterdam Oncology Graduate School Annual Retreat. (250 EU)
- 2009 Fröhlich Prize for Mathematics, Robinson College Cambridge.
- 2016 – Associate Editor for Statistics and Computing (Springer).
- 2017 – 2018 Group Leader for the SAMSI working group on Probabilistic Numerics (co-led with Tim Sullivan)
PhD Theses Examined
- Nathan Owen, University of Exeter - A comparison of polynomial chaos and Gaussian process emulation for uncertainty quantication in computer experiments. Passed (minor corrections).
Program Committee Member
Paper Reviewing Service (total number of papers reviewed = 68, as of March 2017)
- Bayesian Anal.
- BMC Syst. Biol.
- Int. J. Intell. Syst.
- J. Comp. Graph. Stat.
- J. R. Soc. Interface
- J. R. Statist. Soc. C
- Mach. Learn.
- Math. Biosci.
- Stat. Appl. Genet. Mo. B.
- Stat. Comput.
- Stat. Method App.
Grant Reviewing Service
- Horizon 2020
Organised Conferences & Workshops
- Meeting of the SAMSI Probabilistic Numerics Working Group. April 2018, Alan Turing Institute, UK.
- Data Sciences for Climate and Environment, March 2018, Alan Turing Institute, UK.
- Grand Challenges in Data-Centric Engineering. September 2017, RSS Annual Conference @ Strathclyde, UK. [Web]
- Probabilistic Numerics. August 2016, MCQMC @ Stanford, California, USA. [Web]
- Algorithms for Intractable Problems. January 2016, MCMSki @ Lenzerheide, Switzerland. [Web]
- Probabilistic Integration: Integrating Inference With Integration. January 2016, MCMSki @ Lenzerheide, Switzerland. [Web]
- Probabilistic Numerics for Differential Equations. April 2015, Warwick, UK. [Web]
- Statistical Systems Biology. December 2014, Warwick, UK. [Web]
- Inference and Control for Complex Dynamical Systems. November 2012, Warwick, UK. [Web]
Media and Engagement